9.12.2007

...and away we go!

36,000 feet above Central Kansas seems like as good a place as any to write my inaugural Todd’s Blog post. I’m on my way to beautiful Golden, CO to recruit at the Colorado School of Mines (insert your mime joke here). I have been giving this blog a lot of thought over the last few weeks and have decided that no amount of planning compares to half-decent writing so here we go!

Todd’s Blog (or Tizzle’s Blizzle for my homies) is a place for me to update friends and family on what I’m doing, what I’m thinking, what I’m reading and what I’m watching. I have another blog where I try to be hip and cool and make fun of pop culture (I guess “tried” is a better word considering the lack of posts of late). But let’s be honest, I’m not hip or cool so this blog is probably going to get most of my attention from now on. That being said, keep your eye out for the occasional social commentary over at my alter-ego blog.

One final thought. You’ll notice on the right that I have added my Google Reader shared feed. The Google Reader is a tool that I can’t live without. It allows you to subscribe to almost any website so that any new content on that site comes to your Reader like email. That way I can track over 100 blogs and websites that focus on stuff I care about without having to go to each site one by one. I tell everyone I know about the Google Reader and you should too. Don’t be “that guy.” Start using it today and drink from the fire hose that is the Internets.

1 comment:

D Wheezy said...

I don't care what blog is about - I just need more Todd on the intrawebs.

Thanks to your wife for pointing me this direction from her frequently updated blog.

And thanks to you both for the blog rolling love.

I'm coming to Austin this weekend!