3.21.2008

The Men's Restroom #1

Blournalers: I apologize for my lack of posting for the last few weeks.

To make up for leaving you alone for so long I present to you the most important series of posts I’ll ever write. I wish to bring to light a topic that is subconsciously understood (yet frequently forgotten) by half the world’s population. That topic is Men’s Public Restroom Etiquette.

Contrary to what women may think about male culture, our restroom rules and rituals reveal a level of understanding and respect that go far beyond any female relationship as recorded in sociology text. Indeed there is no greater example of the advancement of modern society than the artistry that is men relieving themselves within feet, and sometimes even inches, of other men.

I would consider myself an authority on the subject. I have been a man for over 28 years and have spent plenty of time in public restrooms large and small, international and domestic. That being said, I recognize that these guidelines are by no means an exhaustive list of all the unspoken, commonly understood rules of “seeing a man about a horse,” so please feel free to make addendums in the comments.

Over the course of the coming days and weeks I will reveal, section by section, my treatise on The Men’s Restroom. I will edit this introductory slide with links to individual sections as they are posted.



The Men's Restroom Table of Contents:

Section 1: Sight and Sound

No comments: