9.25.2007

No Internets

If you ever stay in Starkville, MS, be prepared to connect to the Internets using an empty tin can and a string. It takes one minute to open any email on my laptop, and since I receive 100+ emails a day (yes, I am kind of a big deal), it has taken me four hours to clear out my inbox and try to download some slides for a presentation. At this point it would have been faster to drive to Jackson, fly back to Austin, drive to work, download the slides to a thumb drive, drive to the airport, fly to Jackson, and drive back to the hotel. I hate my life right now.

This has really made me realize how crucial the Internets are to my existence. Without them I wouldn't be able to communicate with co-workers and customers, blog, look at funny videos and pictures of lolcats, and waste time in general. I mean, what am I supposed to do? Read a book? Write a handwritten note to thank my parents for all they've done for me? C'mon!

What can't you live without?

No comments: